Monday 24 April 2017

Top 10 Instagram Spots in Lisbon





Lisbon is a It City these days. Every big travel magazine and site talks about it. Every must visit list includes it. There are countless articles about it and about what to do and where to go in the white city and if you go to Instagram you will find so many an such amazing photos of Lisbon that you'll be wanting to book a flight immediately.

Today I'll bring to you my top 10 Instagrammable spots in city. These are not the only and surely my photos may not be the best you can find, but this will give you some ideas of the places you can't miss on you Instagram folie once you arrive Lisbon.



1. ANYPLACE WITH A YELLOW TRAM


A visit to Lisbon is not complete without a ride in one of our yellow trams or, at least, with a good photo of one. Tram 28 is probably one of the most famous and getting inside can mean a long wait. If  you don't mind not having a seat, entering on the second stop (after Praça da Figueira) can save you time. Either case, beware of pickpockets, keeping a close eye on your belongings.






2. TERREIRO DO PAÇO


Terreiro do Paço is a monumental square, facing the river. The light is amazing, and whatever angle you choose you're are going to get a great photo. You can also go to the Triumphal Arch terrace and take some panoramic photos of the square. Go before sunset, and see the city and the river as the light and colors change.






3. ALFAMA


Alfama is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Lisbon (and in Europe, for that matter) and presents a set of colors and shapes that look just like it was made for photos. That and the fact that there are a number of viewpoints perfect for the right picture makes this one of the most Instagrammed spots of the city.






4. PARQUE EDUARDO VII


The view from the top of Parque Eduardo VII is one of the prettiest of the city. The park lawn continues trough the avenue (Liberdade Avenue) as Lisbon descends to the river. Across the water, the left bank and, in the background, the mountains of Serra da Arrábida.






5. ROSSIO


The Rossio Square is one of Lisbon's landmarks, and either you photograph it from one of the viewpoints around it or from the square it self will won't be short of interesting subjects to include in your pictures.






6. TILED WALLS


Lisbon has no shortage of tiled walls and all through the city you can find from 17th century "azulejos" to contemporary tiled murals. Either antique or new, the Portuguese tiles are always a great  photo subject and you should plan some time to check them out and have an itinerary of the ones that you don't want to miss.


A post shared by Maria (@thewandererschronicles) on




7. STREET ART


Lisbon is one of the European cities with more Street Art installations. From both national and international artists you can find amazing urban art pieces all through the city. There are organize tours to check the best spots or you can plan your street art itinerary to get the best pics.






8. CALÇADA PORTUGUESA


The cobblestone pavements are a Portuguese trademark and Lisbon does not go shy with its black and white paved streets. With geometrical or naturalist designs the pavements are another artistic element of the city and surely a photographic subject itself.






9. LISBON VIEWPOINTS


Lisbon as 7 hills, and countless amazing viewpoints to look at and photograph the city from. Maybe you don't have the time to visit them all, but be prepared to have some great Instagram pics from the ones you can't miss.






10. BELÉM


Belém district has so many monuments and historical sites, amazing gardens and architectural features that you won't be able to stop taking one shot after the other. From the more panoramic photos to the incredible details, you have it all.


A post shared by Maria (@thewandererschronicles) on




You can find more on #Lisbon on my Instagram and I would love to take a look at your best Instagram pics of my beloved city. So, if you have some, please share them with me on the comments (links please) and I'll be glad to write a future article with the best Lisbon pictures on Instagram. Let's bring as much people onboard as we can, sharing this post with your friends. I'll be looking forward to know you and your Instagram profiles.

You can also check my Top 10 Instagram Spots in Porto here:




And the more recent Top 10 Instagram Spots in Barcelona here:
















15 comments:

  1. Portugal is high on my list of places to visit and your photos of Lisbon are absolutely stunning. I really need to make it a point to go there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited Lisbon but just for two days so didn't get out to see much as I spent a lot of time indoors eating food :) but I love the idea of mapping out where to take the best Instagram photos as it would increase the likelihood of getting a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Portugal! I've been to Porto and love it there - Lisbon I've yet to go to.
    Also Geres National Park in the north. Head to my Instagram feed to check out my Portugal shots!
    This post is great as it's so visual and tempts me even more: the tiles, the street art...'sigh' I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love you pictures! Makes me want to book a trip now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisbon is such a wonderful city! I was so surprised with this art everywhere - from modern graffiti&walls to ancient tiles& cobblestone pavements! Missed the view from Parque Eduardo VII though! Thanks for sharing the spots #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisbon is gorgeous!I love your pictures. I defintely want to make it there someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, they do make great photos. Lisbon is definitely on my list of places to see. Now if I can only live long enough to cross all the places off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful city! It seems like every place in Lisbon would be a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures make me want to take off there right now! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisbon and whole Portugal are awe-inspiring! These spots are pitch perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only thing I'd like to ask is - would it be acceptable to repost this article on my website (www.travelsradar.com) stating you as an author and with a link to your blog too? Thanks is any way and keep on the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visited Lisbon last year and these photos are bringing all the memories back.Of course there are more places to see in Lisbon (castle,churches etc).I would like to visit Portugal again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice Photographs. I loved it. I am a travel lover and loves to click the memories of this beautiful world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photographs you have covered with this topic and I really appreciate the way you have written this article. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Premium Flexible Related Post Widget for Blogger – Blogspot