Monday 10 October 2016

Chronicles from Paris | Trocadéro





Autumn is a great time to visit Paris and to inspire you I'll be sharing some of the places I love in this beautiful city. We’ll start our tour by one of my favorite places, the Trocadéro. 
You can reach this part of the city on foot, heading to Trocadéro Square (it’s right near the Arc de Triomphe) or Metro (station Trocadéro). Across the avenue and passing between the two wings of the Palais de Chaillot, we find ourselves in the magnificent  Trocadéro’s terraces, with superb views of the gardens and fountains, and in the background, imposing, the Eiffel Tower.
The palace is a huge neoclassical building, built in the first half of last century for the World Fair of 1937 and there you can also  visit the Navy Museum and the Museum of Man.
The Trocadéro is perfect for taking pictures, enjoy the views and the freshness of the gardens (and even the fountains). Walking down the fairways and then across the Seine by the Pont d’Iéna you’ll arrive at the Eiffel Tower. If you are physically well prepared you can climb the stairs, but if your resilience is more psychological than physical, you better choose to queue for the lifts. In my next visit to Paris I promise I’ll get some strength or some patience and go to the top of the Tower.
In the evening, the Trocadéro’s terraces are also one of the ideal places to see the Eiffel Tower lit up and the show of the lights and the fountains.















10 comments:

  1. It's been years since I went to Paris but this place really stands out in my memories. It's a fantastic part of the city. You definitely get the best views of the Eiffel Tower from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily for your comment! Is also one of my most vivid memories of Paris too. There's something special about it, I think: the light, the view of the tower, the happy people...

      Delete
  2. nice article and fantastic photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paris has always been in my travel list. Trocadero is beautiful. I will surely go there on my trip to Paris. Great pictures. Thanks for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment. Hope you'll enjoy Paris so much as I did.

      Delete
  4. I love the Trocodero, I just never knew it's name! Definitely the spot for the best views of Paris & the Eiffel Tower, day or night :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely is! It's impossible not to love it. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  5. This place looks great! I've only been to Paris once and that was when I was very young! I think it's time to revisit in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must Tom. Paris is great. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete

Premium Flexible Related Post Widget for Blogger – Blogspot