Thursday 1 December 2016

Xmas Chronicles | The Wanderer's Advent Calendar (Day 1)



Many of you may remember the Advent calendars from your childhood, with small chocolates hidden behind the little windows that you opened every day. The excitement of opening the small paper door each day was only toped by the trill of the big gifts on Xmas morning.

This year I'll be running a Advent Calendar right here on the blog, designed for those who love to travel, that are curious about different places and cultures and that never run out of wanderlust. It will include activities that you can do by yourself, with family or friends. Ideas for Xmas gifts and to get into Christmas spirit, and with many surprises as any good Advent calendar must have.

So, let's count and celebrate together the 24 days in anticipation for Christmas and, if you will, you can share with us what your travel bug is planning for the season.






Go to Google or pick a book, choose a country and check how Christmas is celebrated there. That's a great activity to do alone or with your kids (is never to early to pass them the travel bug!). Find activities and traditions that you can integrate in your Season festivities. Look for traditional Christmas food recipes from that country that you can reproduce at home. Although with growing globalization many things are shared across countries, every place keeps some old and exclusive ways of celebrating and I'm sure you will find some interesting curiosities.

Here are the links for Day 2 , Day 3,  Day 4,  Day 5Day 6Day 7Day 8 and Day 9.








11 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! I'm loving it! I'll surely check your blog everyday from now on! Merry Christmas, by the way!
    Gonçalo | thewandererguy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I have always loved advent calendars so I totally love this travel version! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Christmas travel advent calendar, one for the adults without the chocolate. I like it. Especially since I can steal the chocolate from my own kids advent calendars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A unique idea for sure. Something you enjoy and a way to peak peoples interest and have fun. It will be interesting to see the response you get, hopefully you will post that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas. This a very nice idea. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas is in the air... you're so creative to make one like this. I had fun ticking each day to see what's in for today... :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful idea and great way to teach globalism to our kids! We are getting so excited as the traditions of our village in Ecuador are slowly filtering in...it's a wonderful adventure to experience Christmas in a foreign land.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the others, it is a great idea indeed. I just found out that there is a scary beast in Austria that punishes naughty children during Christmas. I hope I have been good :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a creative idea! I love how it encourages you to learn about different places and traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a great idea! I've been doing plenty of research on Christmas Markets as I look at other's blog posts with envy! I was just reading about the Markets in Amsterdam. They look so neat! I wish there was something similar in the States!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool and fun idea! This is definitely a great way to keep entertained during the holidays. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Premium Flexible Related Post Widget for Blogger – Blogspot